Friday 6 November 2009

Lawyers....and lying.

I'm at that time of life where I have to decide what I want to do with myself. Which subjects I want to take, what I want to study in future, what I want to be when I 'grow up' (I never got that...we grow everyday lol).
So, I have decided that I would like to do a law degree at university.

I want to become a lawyer for a few reasons. First, I love arguing...sometimes i argue just for the sake of it :P and second, because i always WIN those arguments (99% of them anyway :P)

And, lots of people have told me that I’d make a great lawyer...my friends, teachers...and i never want to have to do something i don;t enjoy or im not good at..So law seems like the right thing for me.

One thing that is bothering me about becoming a lawyer is...that they sometimes have to LIE. Some people call it lying anyway...i call it twisting the truth...saying the TRUTH, but twisting it to your advantage and saying it in such a way that it helps you win a case. Technically, not lying :P

Some may say that's a stupid explanation, but it works for me :P


But, another problem is if you CAN'T choose your cases and you get a case that you don't like, or you have to defend an evil person - someone who you KNOW is guilty...what then?



Btw I want to be a criminal lawyer for a few years (a few being anything between 5 and 10) then become a human rights lawyer after that.


So the problem lies in the first years.

Let me know what you think ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment